Saffron

  • mushkyz
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 16, 2013
      BS"D

      Where can I buy saffron by the volume in Jerusalem? I would like to have a little bit sometimes.

      Shabbat Shalom
    • Yocheved Krems
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 16, 2013
        Probably any spice store in Machaneh Yehudah or elsewhere. The store I go to - Tavlinei Chananya in the Bucharim shuk - has it. You can buy small amounts or large amounts.

        Yocheved

        --
        Yocheved Krems

        www.livingalifeofvitality.com
        Come discover how to rise above the challenges Hashem gives us to live a happy, healthy, vital life.

      • Fredi Siskind Engelberg
        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 17, 2013
          Do you really want to buy a huge quantity? Real saffron is very expensive.Little pillbox size costs 30sh in the Shuk. IF you find it for less, it is not the real thing. in the Old City, you can buy big bags but it is grass with food coloring.

          Sent from my iPad
        • Geoffrey S. Mendelson
          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 17, 2013
            On 8/17/2013 10:26 PM, Fredi Siskind Engelberg wrote:
            > Do you really want to buy a huge quantity? Real saffron is very
            > expensive.Little pillbox size costs 30sh in the Shuk. IF you find it for
            > less, it is not the real thing. in the Old City, you can buy big bags
            > but it is grass with food coloring.

            At that price it could be Egyptian Saffron, which is the real thing,
            except that it tastes like grass with food coloring.

            Geoff.

          • mushkyz
            Message 5 of 9 , Aug 22, 2013
            • mushkyz
              Message 6 of 9 , Aug 22, 2013
                I know real saffron is expensive. I just want a bit sometimes. Do you know where in the shuk I can get it? Names of good stalls?