Limes....(is it time yet?)

  • Simone Katz
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 15, 2013
      Can someone please remind me when to start looking out for them? I saw plenty of green lemons at Rami Levy today.

      Thanks!

      Simone
    • Joel Haber
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 15, 2013
        Typically, it is about 1 week long, in September, if I remember correctly. I will try to remember to post when I see them on my frequent visits to the shuk!

        On 7/15/2013 5:34 PM, Simone Katz wrote:

        Can someone please remind me when to start looking out for them? I saw plenty of green lemons at Rami Levy today.

        Thanks!

        Simone

      • Uriel Milo - Maoz ind
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 17, 2013

          They have been in the shuk mahane yehuda for weeks according to our company foodista.

          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 17, 2013
            I go virtually every week to Mahane Yehuda, and I take pictures of every fruit/vegetable that I see fresh and breand new in season. (I'll send a link later to my Flickr where I am posting them all.) The idea is to have a "calendar" of fresh fruits and vegetables so I will know for the future. I have not seen them, so if they are there, they are hiding them.

            FYI, fresh today: raspberries, black berries and dragon fruit. Plus, a brand new sushi restaurant.

            On 7/17/2013 1:27 PM, Uriel Milo - Maoz ind wrote:

            They have been in the shuk mahane yehuda for weeks according to our company foodista.

            Can someone please remind me when to start looking out for them? I saw plenty of green lemons at Rami Levy today.

            Thanks!

            Simone

          • miriam
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 17, 2013

              I picked some up in the Petach Tikvah shuk yesterday.

              Miriam