RE: [israel-food] eggs

  • Valerie Justman
    Message 1 of 12 , Jun 25, 2013
      I'm afraid your mail confused me. What is the difference between the given title of the article and your item a., other than semantics? In what way was it confusing?
      Valerie

      To: israel-food@yahoogroups.com
      From: fredmarn@...
      Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2013 14:11:04 +0300
      Subject: [israel-food] eggs

      Are the facts in the article true??

      (I have a connection to a connection and this is what I found out)

      http://www.forbes.com/sites/nadiaarumugam/2012/10/25/why-american-eggs-would-be-illegal-in-a-british-supermarket-and-vice-versa/

      Yes, all Israeli hens (chickens that lay eggs ) are vaccinated against Salmonella Enteritidis.

      The facts in the article are more or less true but misleading. Two examples:

      a.       The title could have been "Why British eggs would be illegal in an American Supermarket and vice versa".

      b.      They didn't mention that Sweden, which is in the EU, requires washing eggs