Re: [israel-food] Re: how to grind flax seeds?

  • Toby Curwin
    Message 1 of 35 , Jun 23, 2013
      Right, those are the only kind of crackers that I currently know how to make. My plan was not to dehydrate flax seeds and make a cracker out of seeds only, but to add a bunch of seeds (flax and chia) to my cracker dough, just to see how they turned out.
      Meanwhile, I ground some seeds and have them in the freezer, I'm hoping to make crackers today or tomorrow, and I'll let you all know how they are!
      All the best,
      Toby

      On Sun, Jun 23, 2013 at 1:10 PM, ncoom <ncoom@...> wrote:

      Apples and oranges.

      I thought we were talking crackers made of flax seeds.

      But this sounds like (a different kind of ) fun and tasty anyway.

      shalom,
      ncoom

      We're all here because we're not all there

    • Valerie Justman
      Message 35 of 35 , Jun 25, 2013
        Many thanks for this information, Nili. This will be really useful for me.
        Best wishes,
        Valerie

        To: israel-food@yahoogroups.com
        From: drnili@...
        Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2013 17:19:14 +0300
        Subject: [israel-food] Re: how to grind flax seeds?

        Hi Valerie,

        It’s great you are soaking nuts.  I do that too with raw nuts and seeds to eliminate phytic acid.

        Yes, there was a typo in my previous note.  It’s New Horizon which is a tiny brick and mortar store and also sells online.  I’ve purchased from then both in person and via the website.  They sell only high quality products like Vitamix blenders, Excalibur dehydrators, Bellicon rebounders, sprouting equipment and the like.

        New Horizon

        17 Ahuza Street

        Ra’ananna

        054-6945-601