Re: [israel-food] cake for chayal?

  • סוזי ושלום פם
    Message 1 of 4 , May 31, 2013
      I'd have to go with cookies or squares/bars (lemon bars, brownies, etc etc.)
      Susie
      On 31/05/2013 15:31, menucha wrote:

      This seems to be an appropriate question for an Israel food group. What
      (if any) cakes would be long lasting enough to send to chayalim.
      Typical scenario....The chayal comes home for Shabbat, and you'd like to
      send with him a cake for him and his friends for the next Shabbat when
      they will not get out.
      Until now, I've sent cookies in plastic boxes, which seems (by the
      compliments I have recieved) to last well, but I am wondering about
      cake. Which cake, and how to package it.
      Thanks
      menucha

    • Susan Trachtenberg
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 2, 2013
        it seems to me that a carrot cake could last well.

        Susan Trachtenberg
        Sent from my desktop
      • shirakestenbaum
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 2, 2013
          I wouldn't send a cake, sorry. too much possibility for things spoiling and/or getting mold, especially in this weather. i would continue to send cookies (why fix something that ain't broke?) and maybe add bags of hatifim - pretzels, chips, driend fruit, nuts, etc

          Shira Kestenbaum