Re: [israel-food] Indian pop-up restaurant/Israel Food meeting?

  • ncoom
    Message 1 of 2 , May 25, 2013
      Pardon my ignorance: what's a pop-up restaurant?
      Is this place generally open? Sounds gooood.
      shalom,
      ncoom

      We're all here because we're not all there

      On May 25, 2013, at 3:41 PM, Joan Weinberg wrote:

      The next time Ahuva plans one of these pop-up Mehadrin kosher Indian food nites, let's use this as our opportunity for the group to meet, something a couple of us bandied about a while ago. I missed this most recent pop-up because while it was on the 21st, the email wasn't posted online until May 23.

      Joan

      Thu May 23, 2013 9:56 am (PDT) . Posted by: mo

      Masala MADNESS
      Address: Tiberias 17, Jerusalem, Israel
      Date and Time: Tuesday May 21st 6:30pm to 11pm or as supplies last

      Time for another Indian pop up restaurant. this time back at Chuck's Place
      dairy and all mehadrin kosher of course!! (some vegan options as well!) hearty and filling, perfect for this cold weather we are still having!

      also, the food itself will not be so spicy and it will be kid-friendly, the spice will be in the chutney!

      SPEAKING OF WEATHER, THIS EVENT IS WEATHER CONTINGENT! IN THE EVENT OF MILDLY INCREMENT WEATHER THE LOCATION WILL BE MOVED TO ME CASA. check the facebook event for details: https://www.facebook.com/events/123775861149757/

      Menu as follows:
      Chapati (Indian whole wheat flat-bread) <vegan>
      Vegetable Samosa <vegan>
      Palaak Masala (Spinach in cream) <dairy>
      Baigan Bharta (Eggplant Curry) <vegan>
      Mater Curry (Peas) <vegan>
      Meen Molee (Fish in Coconut Milk Curry) <fish,non-dairy>
      Choice of Brown or White Aromatic Rice
      Adrak (Ginger) Butter Cookies

      Cucumber Mint Riata and Green Chutney on the side of course!

      and of course Teverya Street beer and pop provided by Baruch BeRabooah!

      Your choice!

      priceS range from 25 and up. Full meal of everything is 60