Re: [israel-food] ISO: Saltpeter

  • Karen Eisenberg
    Message 1 of 2 , May 24, 2013
      The last time I got it -- which was years ago -- it was stocked behind the counter in pharmacies, not in a supermarket.  You could only buy a small amount, probably less than 100g, because it can be used to make explosives.

      Karen Eisenberg

      On Fri, May 24, 2013 at 11:10 AM, Adina <holycook@...> wrote:

      A friend is looking for curing salts, or saltpeter, to cure/pickle meat.

      Anyone see it in Jerusalem or nearby?

      Thanks,

      Adina

      --