Re: food for a trip

  • shirakestenbaum
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 11, 2013
      I was in Super Hamoshava (Emek Refaim, jerusalem) this week and saw packages non-refrigerated meals from Chef Haderech - http://www.chef-haderech.com/eng/. IIRC they were in the 30shekel range for each.

      I do not work there, do not own their stock, and i've never tried them so i have no idea how good/bad the meals are - but they may help for some meals (check with the airlines if you are allowed to bring in meat meals - many countries do not allow this)

      shira kestenbaum

      --- In israel-food@yahoogroups.com, Rochie & Sholem Hurwitz <rochshol@...> wrote:

      > If you’re meat-eaters my husband sells great biltong (South African-style dried meat, better than jerky) â€" Mehadrin kosher, can be vacuum-packed. It’s very popular and a bunch of people have already taken it on trips.
      >
      > If you’re interested you can order here: http://basar-basar.co.il
      >
      > You’re local so he’d deliver to you, but he can also send it.
      >
      > Rochie
      >
      > --- In israel-food@yahoogroups.com <mailto:israel-food%40yahoogroups.com> , ���� �� <pamfam@> wrote:
      > >
      > > HI,
      > > I'm planning a trip for a few days to the island of Rhodes.(Greece, not Rhode Island...)
      > > There are no kosher restaurants there.
      > > Does anyone have any recipes/ideas about food we can take from here that is easy to prepare? We will have a kitchenette in our hotel room.
      > > I once read that burgul can be substituted for all these instant meals in a cup (that contain monosodium, etc).
      > > any other ideas?
      > > I recieved a list of kosher foods in Greece from the local Bet Chabad.
      > >
      > > shabbat shalom,
      > > Susie Pam

    • Mirjam Weiss
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 11, 2013
        My husband took a few of these Chef Haderech meals with him on a business trip to the Ukraine.  In one word -- feh!