Re: pesach baking question

  • shirakestenbaum
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 25, 2013
      Hope I'm not too late and I take no responsibility for this, :-) but I would substitute a bit under half cup of oil. I never use margerine, and use oil or butter ( mostly oil)

      Chat sameach,
      Shira
      --- In israel-food@yahoogroups.com, Ilana Saks <ilanasaks@...> wrote:

      > Hi. I am planning on making the flourless chocolate cake from the Kosher
      > Palette cookbook. The recipe calls for 1/2 cup margarine (which I do not
      > have) - i assume it has to be margarine and that oil won't work? The other
      > ingredients are separated eggs - whites beaten, a bit of sugar, four Tbs
      > matza cake meal and chocolate. If you think oil will work pls let me
      > know...
      >
      > Thanks and Chag Sameach,
      > Ilana

    • Marc Gottlieb
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 26, 2013
        http://cooking.marcgottlieb.com/2013/03/if-you-dont-have-margarine-use/

        Moadim L'simcha,

        Marc

        Hi.  I am planning on making the flourless chocolate cake from the Kosher
        Palette cookbook.  The recipe calls for 1/2 cup margarine (which I do not
        have) - i assume it has to be margarine and that oil won't work?  The other
        ingredients are separated eggs - whites beaten, a bit of sugar, four Tbs
        matza cake meal and chocolate.  If you think oil will work pls let me
        know...

        Thanks and Chag Sameach,
        Ilana

        <*> Your email settings: