Re: pesach baking question

  • shirakestenbaum
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 25, 2013
      Hope I'm not too late and I take no responsibility for this, :-) but I would substitute a bit under half cup of oil. I never use margerine, and use oil or butter ( mostly oil)

      Chat sameach,
      Shira
      --- In israel-food@yahoogroups.com, Ilana Saks <ilanasaks@...> wrote:

      > Hi. I am planning on making the flourless chocolate cake from the Kosher
      > Palette cookbook. The recipe calls for 1/2 cup margarine (which I do not
      > have) - i assume it has to be margarine and that oil won't work? The other
      > ingredients are separated eggs - whites beaten, a bit of sugar, four Tbs
      > matza cake meal and chocolate. If you think oil will work pls let me
      > know...
      >
      > Thanks and Chag Sameach,
      > Ilana

    • yidels_vittles
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 26, 2013
        A fat that is solid at room temperature (such as margarine) will help
        aerate the cake, especially if it is creamed/whipped with the sugar,
        thus making it lighter.

        Brad Yidel Wolff

        Chag Sameach

        --- In israel-food@yahoogroups.com, Ilana Saks <ilanasaks@...> wrote:

        > Hi. I am planning on making the flourless chocolate cake from the
        Kosher
        > Palette cookbook. The recipe calls for 1/2 cup margarine (which I do
        not
        > have) - i assume it has to be margarine and that oil won't work? The
        other
        > ingredients are separated eggs - whites beaten, a bit of sugar, four
        Tbs
        > matza cake meal and chocolate. If you think oil will work pls let me
        > know...
        >
        > Thanks and Chag Sameach,
        > Ilana

      • Marc Gottlieb
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 26, 2013
          http://cooking.marcgottlieb.com/2013/03/if-you-dont-have-margarine-use/

          Moadim L'simcha,

          Marc

          Hi.  I am planning on making the flourless chocolate cake from the Kosher
          Palette cookbook.  The recipe calls for 1/2 cup margarine (which I do not
          have) - i assume it has to be margarine and that oil won't work?  The other
          ingredients are separated eggs - whites beaten, a bit of sugar, four Tbs
          matza cake meal and chocolate.  If you think oil will work pls let me
          know...

          Thanks and Chag Sameach,
          Ilana

          <*> Your email settings: