walnut cake recipie?

  • Gavriela
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 24, 2013
      HI,
      Misplaced my walnut cake recipie,
      does anyone have a reliable recipie?

      Gavriela

    • shirakestenbaum
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 25, 2013
        Hope I'm not too late and I take no responsibility for this, :-) but I would substitute a bit under half cup of oil. I never use margerine, and use oil or butter ( mostly oil)

        Chat sameach,
        Shira
        --- In israel-food@yahoogroups.com, Ilana Saks <ilanasaks@...> wrote:

        > Hi. I am planning on making the flourless chocolate cake from the Kosher
        > Palette cookbook. The recipe calls for 1/2 cup margarine (which I do not
        > have) - i assume it has to be margarine and that oil won't work? The other
        > ingredients are separated eggs - whites beaten, a bit of sugar, four Tbs
        > matza cake meal and chocolate. If you think oil will work pls let me
        > know...
        >
        > Thanks and Chag Sameach,
        > Ilana

      • yidels_vittles
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 26, 2013
          A fat that is solid at room temperature (such as margarine) will help
          aerate the cake, especially if it is creamed/whipped with the sugar,
          thus making it lighter.

          Brad Yidel Wolff

          Chag Sameach

          --- In israel-food@yahoogroups.com, Ilana Saks <ilanasaks@...> wrote:

          > Hi. I am planning on making the flourless chocolate cake from the
          Kosher
          > Palette cookbook. The recipe calls for 1/2 cup margarine (which I do
          not
          > have) - i assume it has to be margarine and that oil won't work? The
          other
          > ingredients are separated eggs - whites beaten, a bit of sugar, four
          Tbs
          > matza cake meal and chocolate. If you think oil will work pls let me
          > know...
          >
          > Thanks and Chag Sameach,
          > Ilana

        • Marc Gottlieb
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 26, 2013
            http://cooking.marcgottlieb.com/2013/03/if-you-dont-have-margarine-use/

            Moadim L'simcha,

            Marc

            Hi.  I am planning on making the flourless chocolate cake from the Kosher
            Palette cookbook.  The recipe calls for 1/2 cup margarine (which I do not
            have) - i assume it has to be margarine and that oil won't work?  The other
            ingredients are separated eggs - whites beaten, a bit of sugar, four Tbs
            matza cake meal and chocolate.  If you think oil will work pls let me
            know...

            Thanks and Chag Sameach,
            Ilana

            <*> Your email settings: