pesach baking question

  • Ilana Saks
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 24, 2013
      Hi.  I am planning on making the flourless chocolate cake from the Kosher Palette cookbook.  The recipe calls for 1/2 cup margarine (which I do not have) - i assume it has to be margarine and that oil won't work?  The other ingredients are separated eggs - whites beaten, a bit of sugar, four Tbs matza cake meal and chocolate.  If you think oil will work pls let me know...

      Thanks and Chag Sameach,
      Ilana
    • Gavriela
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 24, 2013
        HI,
        Misplaced my walnut cake recipie,
        does anyone have a reliable recipie?

        Gavriela

      • shirakestenbaum
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 25, 2013
          Hope I'm not too late and I take no responsibility for this, :-) but I would substitute a bit under half cup of oil. I never use margerine, and use oil or butter ( mostly oil)

          Chat sameach,
          Shira
          --- In israel-food@yahoogroups.com, Ilana Saks <ilanasaks@...> wrote:

          > Hi. I am planning on making the flourless chocolate cake from the Kosher
          > Palette cookbook. The recipe calls for 1/2 cup margarine (which I do not
          > have) - i assume it has to be margarine and that oil won't work? The other
          > ingredients are separated eggs - whites beaten, a bit of sugar, four Tbs
          > matza cake meal and chocolate. If you think oil will work pls let me
          > know...
          >
          > Thanks and Chag Sameach,
          > Ilana

        • yidels_vittles
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 26, 2013
            A fat that is solid at room temperature (such as margarine) will help
            aerate the cake, especially if it is creamed/whipped with the sugar,
            thus making it lighter.

            Brad Yidel Wolff

            Chag Sameach

            --- In israel-food@yahoogroups.com, Ilana Saks <ilanasaks@...> wrote:

            > Hi. I am planning on making the flourless chocolate cake from the
            Kosher
            > Palette cookbook. The recipe calls for 1/2 cup margarine (which I do
            not
            > have) - i assume it has to be margarine and that oil won't work? The
            other
            > ingredients are separated eggs - whites beaten, a bit of sugar, four
            Tbs
            > matza cake meal and chocolate. If you think oil will work pls let me
            > know...
            >
            > Thanks and Chag Sameach,
            > Ilana

          • Marc Gottlieb
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 26, 2013
              http://cooking.marcgottlieb.com/2013/03/if-you-dont-have-margarine-use/

              Moadim L'simcha,

              Marc

              Hi.  I am planning on making the flourless chocolate cake from the Kosher
              Palette cookbook.  The recipe calls for 1/2 cup margarine (which I do not
              have) - i assume it has to be margarine and that oil won't work?  The other
              ingredients are separated eggs - whites beaten, a bit of sugar, four Tbs
              matza cake meal and chocolate.  If you think oil will work pls let me
              know...

              Thanks and Chag Sameach,
              Ilana

              <*> Your email settings: