Re: [israel-food] Re: Buying a Hob

  • Debbie Gerver
    Message 1 of 21 , Feb 13, 2013
      Stovetop, I believe.

      From: Mirjam Weiss <iammirj@...>
      To: israel-food@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Wednesday, February 13, 2013 12:14 PM
      Subject: Re: [israel-food] Re: Buying a Hob

      I guess after 30 years of marriage to two British husbands (not simultaneously) I've been corrupted.  I don't even know the American word for it.  Back in the Bronx we had a stove.

      I still say pacifier and stroller, much to my husband's irritation.  And tomayto

      So what is a hob called in American?

      On Tue, Feb 12, 2013 at 10:52 PM, Cara_bereck <cara_bereck@...> wrote:

      Mirj, since when does a nice Jewish girl from Da Bronx use the term 'hob'? I bet you've been corrupted to use 'dummy' and 'pram' as well - lol!

      Cara Bereck Levy

    • סוזי פם
      Message 2 of 21 , Feb 13, 2013

        I think we call it a gas stove, but my mother was English, so I may have been corrupted too.

        I guess after 30 years of marriage to two British husbands (not simultaneously) I've been corrupted.  I don't even know the American word for it.  Back in the Bronx we had a stove.

        I still say pacifier and stroller, much to my husband's irritation.  And tomayto

        So what is a hob called in American?

        On Tue, Feb 12, 2013 at 10:52 PM, Cara_bereck <cara_bereck@...> wrote:

        Mirj, since when does a nice Jewish girl from Da Bronx use the term 'hob'? I bet you've been corrupted to use 'dummy' and 'pram' as well - lol!

        Cara Bereck Levy

        No virus found in this message.