Re: [israel-food] buying a new mixer

  • Karen Eisenberg
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 2, 2013
      That makes sense, because I had the problem in 2002-2004.

      Karen

      On Jan 31, 2013, at 11:52, "Geoffrey S. Mendelson" <geoffreymendelson@...> wrote:

      Geoffrey S. Mendelson wrote:
      > The problem you had was most likely during the period right after
      > Whirlpool bought Kitchen Aid. They replaced the metal gearbox with a
      > plastic one to save money.
      >
      > Eventually, around 2005, they had so many returns that they went back to
      > an all metal one. The part (it's a complete unit) is relatively cheap,
      > and it's a drop in replacement.

      This is an example, found with a quick ebay search:

      http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kitchenaid-Stand-Mixer-Repair-Kit-Worm-Gear-Guide-to-Fix-Artisan-Mixer-/150986533873?pt=UK_Home_Garden_Kitchen_Mixers&hash=item23277fabf1>

      Geoff.
      Gung Hay Fat Choy! (May the new year be prosperous).