Question about a food processor?

  • shirakestenbaum
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 22, 2013
      Following the question about which mixer to buy - i find myself in the market for a food processor.

      I use it mainly for dicing, slicing and grating.

      The one i have now is a philips, sort of small bowl. It's fine but the cover broke (the little tzuptzik that clicks into the safety switch and enbales you to turn the machine on - we improvised but it's annoying to use). a new cover costs 200 shekel. a new version of the machine i have costs 300... since this machine is over 10 years old, i'd rather just buy a new one.

      I'd love to buy a top of the line model (magimix etc) - but that's way out of my price range. any suggestions for something in the "up to 500 shekel" range that is decent?

      has anyone tried the moulinex grater/slicer gadget? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6nLIH98i9M it's looks interesting

      TIA

      Shira Kestenbaum