Re: [israel-food] I need a food processor

  • Geoffrey S. Mendelson
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 22, 2013
      Susan Trachtenberg wrote:

      > I need a food processor. I used to have one, a good one, but its rubber
      > belt broke and i couldn't find a replacement. I don't want a de luxe
      > kind of thing, (NOT cuisinart) just a simple machine that does the work.
      > I am primarily interested in slicing, for example, thin slices of
      > cucumber. Can any of you recommend something?

      Do you really need a food processor at all?

      Sliced cucumbers are better done on a mandoline type slicer anyway.

      Here's a picture of one,
      <http://www.williams-sonoma.com/products/chefn-pull-n-slice-mandoline/?pkey=cmandolines-slicers&>

      They don't have to be expensive, you can get a decent plastic one in the
      supermarket, home center, etc.

      The only thing is you need to be careful NOT to hold the thing you are
      slicing with your hand. They come with a handle for a reason.

      Geoff.

      If it's farther than groundwave, it's DX.