Re: [israel-food] Guide to fruit/veggie seasons in Israel?

  • Philip Trauring
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 21, 2013
      Thank you, this is great. Is there a similar page for fruits? It seems this is just vegetables...

      Thanks,

      Philip

      On Jan 15, 2013, at 10:03 PM, Marjorie H. Mendelson <safranit@...> wrote:

      This site is in Hebrew but I can’t but anything else:

      http://food.allmag.co.il/page/3017

      Marjorie

      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 21, 2013

        Ironically, the best sites I could find for fruit are by Israeli produce exporters:

        http://aagro-fresh.com/fruits.html

        http://www.mehadrin.co.il/docs/seasonal_calender/

        Marjorie

        Thank you, this is great. Is there a similar page for fruits? It seems this is just vegetables...

        Thanks,

        Philip

      • alizah hochstead
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 22, 2013
          Thanks

          Acts of Kindness will Bring Moshiach
          Menashe and Alizah Hochstead
          058-47-77004 (Alizah)
          058-45-77003(Menashe)

          To: israel-food@yahoogroups.com
          CC: library@...

          Thank you, this is great. Is there a similar page for fruits? It seems this is just vegetables...

          Thanks,

          Philip

        • Charles Steyer
          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 22, 2013
            The easiest way to know, unless you are just doing research, is to go to the market; whatever is cheap and plentiful is in the height of the season. A few years here and you'll get used to the cycle. Of course you will always have anomalies e.g. tomatoes now grown year round etc.

            BR//Chuck