Re: [israel-food] Re: bulgar

  • Bette Lubin
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 1, 2013
      bulgar isn't kasha. I "roast" my kasha for a few minutes in a dry frying pan on the gas.

      On Sun, Dec 30, 2012 at 3:21 PM, Cara <cara_bereck@...> wrote:

      > On Dec 27, 2012, at 7:06 AM, fredmarn wrote:
      >
      > > hi, I usually buy Bulgar (kasha ) from Amirica.
      > > But I saw this package here of "Bulgar " and decided to try it.
      <

      One other thing--in the US, the kasha I bought was always roasted. The kasha sold here is not always roasted, and it makes a BIG difference in the taste.

      And now I really want some kasha varnishkas cooked in shmaltz--which I think my Iraqi husband and hybrid kids would laugh at even more than they do at gefilte fish :-)
      Cara

      --
      Don't worry about tomorrow !
      After all, today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.

      Have a great day,

      Bette