Tel Aviv

  • Brandel D. Falk
    Message 1 of 13 , Oct 1, 2012
      I asked earlier and got not one single response--either on- or
      offlist. Certainly *somebody* must know of good dairy restaurants in
      Tel Aviv...

      > I would love recommendations for restaurants in Tel
      > Aviv. They have to be kosher and preferably dairy, although if
      > there's something *really* special in a meat restaurant (with
      > several vegetarian options), that would be okay, too. I'm mostly
      > interested in relatively inexpensive choices, but, again, one or
      > two fancier places are fine. If you know of where I can find/print
      > a discount coupon for any of the above, that would be most appreciated, too.
      >
      > Also, if someone knows of a supermarket near the corner of
      > Ha-Yarkon and Ben Gurion, that would be very helpful.
      >
      > Lastly (off-topic), what tourist sites in Tel Aviv might be of
      > interest to a family relying on public transportation? I'll have
      > my 9 yo daughter and adult son with me; my daughter feels deprived
      > because she's never been to an amusement park or water park.
      >
      > Thanks in advance!!
      >
      >Brandel in Jerusalem (but soon to be traveling...)
    • arpukach
      Message 2 of 13 , Oct 1, 2012
        Check out eluna.com for a list of kosher rest,s in tel aviv
        Arlene

        Sent from Samsung Mobile

        "Brandel D. Falk" <ImaBDF@...> wrote:

        I asked earlier and got not one single response--either on- or
        offlist. Certainly *somebody* must know of good dairy restaurants in
        Tel Aviv...

        > I would love recommendations for restaurants in Tel
        > Aviv. They have to be kosher and preferably dairy, although if
        > there's something *really* special in a meat restaurant (with
        > several vegetarian options), that would be okay, too. I'm mostly
        > interested in relatively inexpensive choices, but, again, one or
        > two fancier places are fine. If you know of where I can find/print
        > a discount coupon for any of the above, that would be most appreciated, too.
        >
        > Also, if someone knows of a supermarket near the corner of
        > Ha-Yarkon and Ben Gurion, that would be very helpful.
        >
        > Lastly (off-topic), what tourist sites in Tel Aviv might be of
        > interest to a family relying on public transportation? I'll have
        > my 9 yo daughter and adult son with me; my daughter feels deprived
        > because she's never been to an amusement park or water park.
        >
        > Thanks in advance!!
        >
        >Brandel in Jerusalem (but soon to be traveling...)

      • Antony Gelberg
        Message 3 of 13 , Oct 1, 2012

          I lived in Tel Aviv for two memorable years. Whilst I wasn't looking for a teuda anywhere I went, I have to say that regrettably the places that were obviously catering to those that do want one (e.g. most of the namal), were generally the places serving the most average food, and that is being diplomatic. Plus I don't remember seeing a single meaningful kosher dairy restaurant. Most places with teudot are fast food or shipudim.

          Of course, this is just my opinion, and food quality is relative. But I'd say that might account for lack of response.

          Sorry to not be helpful, just trying to shed some light.

          Antony

          On Oct 1, 2012 11:44 PM, "Brandel D. Falk" <ImaBDF@...> wrote:

          I asked earlier and got not one single response--either on- or
          offlist. Certainly *somebody* must know of good dairy restaurants in
          Tel Aviv...

          > I would love recommendations for restaurants in Tel
          > Aviv. They have to be kosher and preferably dairy, although if
          > there's something *really* special in a meat restaurant (with
          > several vegetarian options), that would be okay, too. I'm mostly
          > interested in relatively inexpensive choices, but, again, one or
          > two fancier places are fine. If you know of where I can find/print
          > a discount coupon for any of the above, that would be most appreciated, too.
          >
          > Also, if someone knows of a supermarket near the corner of
          > Ha-Yarkon and Ben Gurion, that would be very helpful.
          >
          > Lastly (off-topic), what tourist sites in Tel Aviv might be of
          > interest to a family relying on public transportation? I'll have
          > my 9 yo daughter and adult son with me; my daughter feels deprived
          > because she's never been to an amusement park or water park.
          >
          > Thanks in advance!!
          >
          >Brandel in Jerusalem (but soon to be traveling...)

        • Anja Adler
          Message 4 of 13 , Oct 1, 2012
            Well, I don't know about any high end restaurants but I think you should definitely try Pizza Fino (on Ben Yehuda 169). They are kosher and sell "real" pizza. They also have pasta dishes but I don't remember eating one there, I was probably to busy eating pizza with spinach. Their Tiramisu is also great!

            As for fast food, you should try HaKossem Falafel, though I don't know if it has a teuda. I love their falafel (and I am not a very big fan in general), and my israeli husband claims that it is the best in the country! They are on the corner of King George and Shlomo HaMelech.

            There is a Shufersal on Ben Yehuda, somewhere south of the crossing with Ben Gurion.

            Anja
            On 2 October 2012 03:38, Antony Gelberg <antony.gelberg@...> wrote:

            I lived in Tel Aviv for two memorable years. Whilst I wasn't looking for a teuda anywhere I went, I have to say that regrettably the places that were obviously catering to those that do want one (e.g. most of the namal), were generally the places serving the most average food, and that is being diplomatic. Plus I don't remember seeing a single meaningful kosher dairy restaurant. Most places with teudot are fast food or shipudim.

            Of course, this is just my opinion, and food quality is relative. But I'd say that might account for lack of response.

            Sorry to not be helpful, just trying to shed some light.

            Antony

            On Oct 1, 2012 11:44 PM, "Brandel D. Falk" <ImaBDF@...> wrote:

            I asked earlier and got not one single response--either on- or
            offlist. Certainly *somebody* must know of good dairy restaurants in
            Tel Aviv...

            > I would love recommendations for restaurants in Tel
            > Aviv. They have to be kosher and preferably dairy, although if
            > there's something *really* special in a meat restaurant (with
            > several vegetarian options), that would be okay, too. I'm mostly
            > interested in relatively inexpensive choices, but, again, one or
            > two fancier places are fine. If you know of where I can find/print
            > a discount coupon for any of the above, that would be most appreciated, too.
            >
            > Also, if someone knows of a supermarket near the corner of
            > Ha-Yarkon and Ben Gurion, that would be very helpful.
            >
            > Lastly (off-topic), what tourist sites in Tel Aviv might be of
            > interest to a family relying on public transportation? I'll have
            > my 9 yo daughter and adult son with me; my daughter feels deprived
            > because she's never been to an amusement park or water park.
            >
            > Thanks in advance!!
            >
            >Brandel in Jerusalem (but soon to be traveling...)

          • סוזי פם
            Message 5 of 13 , Oct 1, 2012

              On Dizengoff near Ben Gurion BLvd is "Lasagne: with great homemade lasagne. Mind you, while eating there I had my handbag stolen off the back of my chair, so watch out!
              In the area of the Tachana in Neve Tzedek is a kosher meat restaurant, pretty good. I can't remember the name, but it's a woman's name..Sylvia, Sima or something like that.
              Have fun,
              Susie
              I asked earlier and got not one single response--either on- or
              offlist. Certainly *somebody* must know of good dairy restaurants in
              Tel Aviv...

              > I would love recommendations for restaurants in Tel
              > Aviv. They have to be kosher and preferably dairy, although if
              > there's something *really* special in a meat restaurant (with
              > several vegetarian options), that would be okay, too. I'm mostly
              > interested in relatively inexpensive choices, but, again, one or
              > two fancier places are fine. If you know of where I can find/print
              > a discount coupon for any of the above, that would be most appreciated, too.
              >
              > Also, if someone knows of a supermarket near the corner of
              > Ha-Yarkon and Ben Gurion, that would be very helpful.
              >
              > Lastly (off-topic), what tourist sites in Tel Aviv might be of
              > interest to a family relying on public transportation? I'll have
              > my 9 yo daughter and adult son with me; my daughter feels deprived
              > because she's never been to an amusement park or water park.
              >
              > Thanks in advance!!
              >
              >Brandel in Jerusalem (but soon to be traveling...)

              No virus found in this message.

            • Jeanne Klempner
              Message 6 of 13 , Oct 2, 2012
                Regina. It's an interesting fusion of everyone's grandmothers' food, from all different countries and backgrounds. That's the best way I can describe it!

                Message 7 of 13 , Oct 2, 2012
                  HaKossem is not certified.   Way to get behind my point.  :)

                  Antony

                  --
                  http://www.linkedin.com/in/antgel
                  http://twitter.com/antgel
                  Message 8 of 13 , Oct 2, 2012
                    As one other person recommended, Eluna.com is the place where you should look.

                    Allison
                  • anniceyg
                    Message 9 of 13 , Oct 2, 2012
                      Sorry for the delay. We don't eat out much in TA, but we really liked Tarantino in the Azrielli Ma;;/

                      --- In israel-food@yahoogroups.com, "Brandel D. Falk" <ImaBDF@...> wrote:

                      > I asked earlier and got not one single response--either on- or
                      > offlist. Certainly *somebody* must know of good dairy restaurants in
                      > Tel Aviv...
                      >
                      > > I would love recommendations for restaurants in Tel
                      > > Aviv. They have to be kosher and preferably dairy, although if
                      > > there's something *really* special in a meat restaurant (with
                      > > several vegetarian options), that would be okay, too. I'm mostly
                      > > interested in relatively inexpensive choices, but, again, one or
                      > > two fancier places are fine. If you know of where I can find/print
                      > > a discount coupon for any of the above, that would be most appreciated, too.
                      > >
                      > > Also, if someone knows of a supermarket near the corner of
                      > > Ha-Yarkon and Ben Gurion, that would be very helpful.
                      > >
                      > > Lastly (off-topic), what tourist sites in Tel Aviv might be of
                      > > interest to a family relying on public transportation? I'll have
                      > > my 9 yo daughter and adult son with me; my daughter feels deprived
                      > > because she's never been to an amusement park or water park.
                      > >
                      > > Thanks in advance!!
                      > >
                      > >Brandel in Jerusalem (but soon to be traveling...)

                    • shirakestenbaum
                      Message 10 of 13 , Oct 2, 2012
                        sorry i must have missed this post.

                        try these (I've been to a few of them but have recommendations on all):
                        Alternative: dairy/veg/natural http://www.rest.co.il/sites/Default.asp?txtRestID=5375
                        Liliot Bakery - supposedly scrumtious baked goods. I think it's expensive. http://www.rest.co.il/_uploads/liliot/090912/index.html
                        bleeker bakery - baked goods, coffee shop food http://bleecker.co.il/branches/%D7%AA%D7%9C-%D7%90%D7%91%D7%99%D7%91/
                        Dr. shakshuka - delicious shakshuka place in Jaffa, near the flea market. it's a meat restaurant but from what i remember a lot of the menu was/could be vegetarian. http://shakshuka.rest.co.il/he/home/default.aspx

                        there are also some options in Kerem Hatemanim - I've eaten in Magenda which was nice but not amazing (it's meat, they have salads and sides that are vegetarian). You might want to check out other options in that neighborhood. http://www.tzofit.co.il/tour/details_site.php?ts_id=1674

                        have a good time

                        Shira kestenbaum

                        --- In israel-food@yahoogroups.com, "Brandel D. Falk" <ImaBDF@...> wrote:

                        > I asked earlier and got not one single response--either on- or
                        > offlist. Certainly *somebody* must know of good dairy restaurants in
                        > Tel Aviv...
                        >
                        > > I would love recommendations for restaurants in Tel
                        > > Aviv. They have to be kosher and preferably dairy, although if
                        > > there's something *really* special in a meat restaurant (with
                        > > several vegetarian options), that would be okay, too. I'm mostly
                        > > interested in relatively inexpensive choices, but, again, one or
                        > > two fancier places are fine. If you know of where I can find/print
                        > > a discount coupon for any of the above, that would be most appreciated, too.
                        > >
                        > > Also, if someone knows of a supermarket near the corner of
                        > > Ha-Yarkon and Ben Gurion, that would be very helpful.
                        > >
                        > > Lastly (off-topic), what tourist sites in Tel Aviv might be of
                        > > interest to a family relying on public transportation? I'll have
                        > > my 9 yo daughter and adult son with me; my daughter feels deprived
                        > > because she's never been to an amusement park or water park.
                        > >
                        > > Thanks in advance!!
                        > >
                        > >Brandel in Jerusalem (but soon to be traveling...)

                      • alizah hochstead
                        Message 11 of 13 , Oct 2, 2012
                          While we are on the topic of TA Any ideas abt Givatayim? JUst got back from visiting family couldn't find a Succah anywhere yet a mehadrin restaurant of any kind

                          Sent from my iPad
                        • fredibooks@yahoo.com
                          Message 12 of 13 , Oct 3, 2012
                            there is a 24/7 on the NE corner of Ben Gurion and Ben Yehuda. there is a Supersol on Ben Yehuda and Mapu.

                            Sent from my iPad