Re: restaurant in jer'm not necessarily kosher

  • Anne & Steve Weiss
    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 1, 2012
      There's a restaurant special this summer thru 2eat and supported by the municipality.  Look at this link:  Click on this address:  http://www.2eat.co.il/summer-jerusalem12/

      But a warning!  We went to Gavriela and I had to bring this site up on their computer for them so I could get the special.  The shift manager didn't know what I was talking about!

      Chana Weiss
    • Batya
      Message 2 of 11 , Aug 2, 2012
        dinner at HaGov, the sports bar and grill is an amazing experience. It opens for dinner by 7 and doesn't get the bar crowd until after 9.  Actually it is kosher.  5 Yoel Solomon.

      • Anne & Steve Weiss
        Message 3 of 11 , Aug 2, 2012
          Agree with the recommendation for HaGov, just make sure there's no big football (i.e. soccer) game on that night.  If so, the noise level becomes deafening much earlier!

          Chana Weiss
        • April Hardy
          Message 4 of 11 , Aug 2, 2012

            Is HaGov anywhere near T’mol Shilshom? Loved that place but don’t know if it’s kosher.

            dinner at HaGov, the sports bar and grill is an amazing experience. It opens for dinner by 7 and doesn't get the bar crowd until after 9.  Actually it is kosher.  5 Yoel Solomon.

            No virus found in this message.

            No virus found in this message.

          • Marc Gottlieb
            Message 5 of 11 , Aug 2, 2012
              Both are kosher, both are near each other off of Yoel Solomon.

              On 8/2/2012 10:30 PM, April Hardy wrote:

              Is HaGov anywhere near T’mol Shilshom? Loved that place but don’t know if it’s kosher.

              dinner at HaGov, the sports bar and grill is an amazing experience. It opens for dinner by 7 and doesn't get the bar crowd until after 9.  Actually it is kosher.  5 Yoel Solomon.

              No virus found in this message.

              No virus found in this message.

              Marc Gottlieb
              marc@...
              http://www.culinartkosher.com
              Google Talk/Chat: culinartkosher@...
              02-991-9443
              Cooking Classes, Recipe Development, Menu Planning,
              Catering, Consulting
            • DonCunning
              Message 6 of 11 , Aug 2, 2012
                In the future, just to be as fair as we possibly can be and not unintentionally slander or talk loshon hora about a business establishment, instead of stating that a restaurant or eatery is kosher or not kosher we should instead state that an establishment has a particular kosher certification if known (as long as this is 1st hand information). People can then decide whether that is appropriate for themselves.

                Stan Cohen
                A Moderator

                Both are kosher, both are near each other off of Yoel Solomon.

                Is HaGov anywhere near T’mol Shilshom? Loved that place but don’t know if it’s kosher.

                dinner at HaGov, the sports bar and grill is an amazing experience. It opens for dinner by 7 and doesn't get the bar crowd until after 9.  Actually it is kosher.  5 Yoel Solomon.
                Batya
                http://me-ander.blogspot.com/
                http://shilohmusings.blogspot.com/

                No virus found in this message.
                No virus found in this message.

                Marc Gottlieb
                marc@...
                http://www.culinartkosher.com
                Google Talk/Chat: culinartkosher@...
                02-991-9443
                Cooking Classes, Recipe Development, Menu Planning,
                Catering, Consulting

              • Susan Trachtenberg
                Message 7 of 11 , Aug 4, 2012
                  thanks to the people who r esponded to my request for a restaurant in jer'm.  we went to jer'm and had a great time.  we ate in Sakura, in the feingold court, which took us forever to find, but which is right next to Hamashbir. (would that they had told us this........)  The food was excellent and the place is lovely, and the waiters very nice.  unfor----ly, we learned there that the Tel Aviv Sakura has closed.  too bad.

                  Susan Trachtenberg
                  Sent from my desktop
                • Susan Trachtenberg
                  Message 8 of 11 , Aug 5, 2012
                    also, i'm keeping the names of the places you recommend.  we hope to go to Jerusalem again some time.  also, the websites you told  me about.  Thanks again!

                    Susan Trachtenberg
                    Sent from my desktop