Freezing Hamentaschen dough

  • Elana Friedman
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2012
      This may be a bit of a strange question, but am pretty sure someone on this list will know the answer so here goes. I found an online recipe for Hamentaschen, made with oil, and instead of rolling it out and using a cup to make the hamentaschen, you divide the dough in two and make a log and freeze it for a few hours until it is hard enough to cut - it says in the recipe, not too hard so you can't cut it but not to soft that it squishes when cut - so my question is, how many hours would that be? I don't want to freeze it so I won't be able to slice it into slices and am at a loss as to how many hours to leave in freezer.

      Trying to plan when I am going to attempt to make these and any help would be appreciated.

      Thank you
      Elana Friedman
      Efrat (hoping for some snow)