Need dressing recipe for a chicken salad

  • Marcia Katz
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 20, 2011
      Does anyone have a recipe for a dressing that is appropriate to put on a lettuce salad in which I'll be adding some leftover pieces of chicken breast?

      Marcia from
      Ma'ale Adumim
    • Toby Curwin
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 1, 2011
        I have a recipe for salad dressing that I originally received as a chicken salad dressing, but I now use it for almost everything :)

        3/4 tbsp. sugar
        4 tbsp rice vinegar
        3 tbsp soy sauce
        1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
        3-4 cloves garlic (crushed)
        1 tsp. fresh grated ginger
        few drops sesame oil
        2/3 cup oil

        Enjoy! I usually put more vinegar and less oil than that, but everyone has their own taste.
        All the best,
        Toby

        --
        my funny photoblog: http://atimeofthesigns.blogspot.com/
        my pretty photoblog: http://iwishiwereaphotographer.blogspot.com/

      • Andy Levy-Stevenson
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 1, 2011
          My family likes this recipe from Moosewood Restaurant Cooks At Home.

          It's a pretty simple salad, just tossed lettuce and croutons (you need
          the croutons, they make it much more interesting).

          If the dressing has been refrigerated (ie, if you're not making it and
          serving it immediately) then leave the dressing out of the fridge for
          a while before tossing. It thickens a LOT when it gets cold.

          We usually have it parve, but have had it with chicken too. Nice either way.

          -----------
          Caesar Salad Dressing Recipe- no raw eggs

          2 hard boiled eggs
          1/3 cup olive oil (preferably extra-virgin)
          3 T. fresh lemon juice
          1/2 tsp. salt
          1 tsp. Dijon mustard
          1 garlic clove, minced or pressed (I always use at least 2)
          ground black pepper to taste

          Peel and chop the hard-boiled eggs.
          Place all ingredients in a blender and puree until smooth.

          Covered and refrigerated, this dressing will keep for about 5 days.

          Per 2 oz serving: 217 cal., 3.8 g. protein, 22 g. fat, 1.7 g.
          carbohydrate, 336 mg sodium, 120 mg cholesterol

          --
          Andy Levy-Stevenson