Pickled Corned Beef

  • Shoshana & Steven Arnold
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 28, 2011
      I have a 1.5 kilo pickled (Hacker's) corn beef.  Any suggestions on how to cook it and for how long.

      Thanks,

      Shoshana Arnold
    • Adina J. Duchanov
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 3, 2011
        I boil in large pot of water w/ 5 tablespoons mustard for about 1.5 hours (or until soft), then remove from water and place in roasting pan, cover with a sauce and bake for 30 minutes covered at 350 F.   Teh sauce I use is a mixture of duck sauce (about 1 bowl) with 1 large spoonful of mustard mixed in.

        enjoy!
        Adina

        Big Deal Efrat - Rechov Netzach Yerushalayim 3, Efrat - 02-652-7296.
        Brandname Closeouts on American paper goods/aluminum pans, housewares, birthday gifts/partyfavors, office/school supplies, crafts, games, children's books and much more...."WHAT IS HERE TODAY MIGHT NOT BE HERE TOMORROW"

        http://www.facebook.com/pages/Big-Deal-Efrat/170514406302444
      • thekosherchannel
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 4, 2011
          Here's a great tip-It keeps the cooking smell down and heats the kitchen up less when you do the boiling step in the oven.

          I place the pickled brisket in a very large aluminum foil pan,
          cover with my cooking liquid: 1/2 cup orange juice, 1 tablespoon white vinegar, 2 tablespoons brown sugar and water to cover. Cover the pan tightly with foil and cook in a 170C 350F degree oven for 2-2/2 hours until fork tender.

          Remove brisket, pour off liquid, return brisket to pan, fatty side up if it was not trimmed, and cover with your glaze. Mine is 1 cup brown sugar and 1/4 cup mustard with a teaspoon of cinnamon or ground ginger.
          Bake 30 minutes at 400 for 30 minutes.

          Best to cool before slicing.
          yum

          Renee Chernin