White rice miso

  • fredmarn
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 31, 2010

      I bought some White Rice Miso -Shiro Miso

      But was not sure how to go about using it exactly and how to keep it.

      It is in a vacume packed plastic bag now.

      Thank you

      and a Happy and Healthy New Year to all.

    • Pearl
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 18, 2010
        It sounds like you have bought miso rice, one of the ingredients used for making miso paste.
        I can only help by pointing you to the wiki page on miso. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miso
        good luck!

        On Wed, Sep 1, 2010 at 8:54 AM, fredmarn <fredmarn@...> wrote:

        I bought some White Rice Miso -Shiro Miso

        But was not sure how to go about using it exactly and how to keep it.

        It is in a vacume packed plastic bag now.

        Thank you

        and a Happy and Healthy New Year to all.

      • charles_steyer
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 19, 2010
          The most prevalent use for miso is for miso soup. Shiro or white miso is traditionally used for miso soup in the summer or spring, but of course can be used anytime of the year. Additionally white miso is used to make sauces (thin with water) for vegetables. Once opened, refrigerate in the original bag or move it to a small jar.

          BR/Chuck