Re: [israel-food] Passover rolls

  • Dovi & Sharon Schamroth
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 1 1:27 AM

      I made some yesterday from a recipe I found on the web.

      Boil 1 cup water, 1/2 cup oil (I mixed nut and olive oil), TBS sugar, tsp salt.
      Remove from the heat and add 2 cups matzah meal. Mix in and return to the heat until it forms a ball.
      Remove from the heat again and beat in 4 eggs, one egg at a time. It says to use an electric mixer but I used a wooden spoon. It is basically a choux pastry.
      Let the mixture sit for 5 minutes. Shape into rolls, I got 12 from the mixture.
      It said to bake for 1 hour at 350degrees, I baked them for 35 minutes on 180o or so and they came out good. Basically bake till golden brown.

      They were really yummy. I am making them sweet for Chag and filling them with whipped cream and topping with chocolate.
      Chag Sameach
      Sharon
      Sharon's Cakes: Formal or Fun, Always Fantastic!
      www.israelcakes.com (Custom Cakes)
      www.israelcakeshop.com (Our Online Store)
      +972-2-9994366
      +972-54-8464741 (cell)
      Mehadrin, Parev, Agudat Yisrael Hashgacha
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 2 12:54 AM
        Thank you!

        .