Re: [israel-food] Re: cream of tartar

  • Lora Lee
    Message 1 of 23 , May 31, 2009
      Thanks for all the answers regarding cream of tartar.

      Message 2 of 23 , Jun 4, 2009
        Cream of tartar is also used to make a baking powder substitute
        together with baking soda.

        Rochelle Eissenstat
      • chanasdaughter@aol.com
        Message 3 of 23 , May 5, 2010

          I have also found it at Mega supermarket in Malcha Mall. I have used same quantity of citric acid [melakh limon] when cream of tartar not available.

          Rochelle Essenstat
        • Rochelle
          Message 4 of 23 , Nov 22, 2011
            Isn't that a cool name? There were so many antique names for all sorts
            of chemicals!
            I have bought this in supermarkets here in Yerushalayim BUT another
            substitute to consider is Melach Limon or citric acid, a concentrated
            acid powder if you do not want to add any liquid to your egg whites or
            whatever. Another use for either cream of tartar or another acid is for
            a baking powder sub - use baking soda + acid.

            Rochelle Eissenstat