Sangam rest.

  • Ruth
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 1, 2008
      Has anyone been to the Indian restaurant in Modi'in? Any special
      recommendations on what to order (or not) or other info that we should
      know. We are a party of 10.

      Thanx,
      sina
    • tsipiamiri
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 1, 2008
        We have followed that restaurant from place to place, and most
        recently ate at the Modiin location last winter. We were offered a
        "tasting menu" which seemed to come with unlimited food, as they kept
        refilling what we wanted. I would go with that so that you can have a
        bit of this and a bit of that.
        Otherwise, everything we have ever eaten there has been good.
        Don't forget to check if eluna has a coupon...
        Tsipi
        --- In israel-food@yahoogroups.com, "Ruth" <sgross1@...> wrote:

        > Has anyone been to the Indian restaurant in Modi'in? Any special
        > recommendations on what to order (or not) or other info that we should
        > know. We are a party of 10.
        >
        > Thanx,
        > sina
      • Ruth Baks
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 1, 2008
          [israel-food] Re: Sangam rest.
          Not commenting on the restaurant, rather the Indian style.

          If, by tasting menu, you mean you were served a thali: a large round tray or platter, on which small bowls contain the A-Z of the meal, then ongoing refills is the traditional service.  The custom is to serve the thali with the entire meal at once, from soup to nuts, including sweet and sour, hot and spicy, vegetables, dahl (pulses: lentils, beans, etc.) rice or chapatis, cooling curd (yogurt), pickles, chutney and sweets.  Waiters circle around refilling the bowls as they empty.

          Ruth Baks
          Jerusalem