RE: [israel-food] amba

  • Sarah Meir
    Message 1 of 8 , May 31, 2008

      Amba is mango pickle, quite spicy but not particularly "hot", made with an oil and spice mixture that seems to be curry-powder based.  Goes very well with most grilled  meats—I especially like it with liver.

      @%@%  Sarah in Jerusalem %@%@

      "He who blows at the foam on his beer isn't thirsty"

        -- Talmud

      Usually where canned olives, pickles, etc. are kept.  Doesn't need refrigeration.

      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 1, 2008
        Thanks Sara for the information.  Now I know what I was eating when I had this tasty pickle.

        Aviva