Re: [israel-food] Making Bread

  • ncoom
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 28, 2008
      Easy. Health food store. We make rye bread all the time.
      shalom,
      ncoom
      On Feb 28, 2008, at 9:33 PM, Mandy Moalem wrote:

      > Hi Everyone,
      >
      > I have a bread machine and every day I make my own bread - its
      > wonderful and I fully recommend it.
      >
      > Normally I add "katzach" to my bread and it comes out wonderfully.
      >
      > I would now like to try adding rye - to make rye bread obviously.
      > However I cant seem to find any in Israel.
      >
      > Apparently its called "Shipon"in Hebrew, but no one sells it!!!
      >
      > Can anyone help me find it?
      >
      > Thank you in advance.
      >
      > Mandy

    • Gavriela
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 28, 2008
        try health food shops

        Mandy Moalem <ymgmoalem@...> wrote:
        Hi Everyone,

        I have a bread machine and every day I make my own bread - its wonderful and I fully recommend it.

        Normally I add "katzach" to my bread and it comes out wonderfully.

        I would now like to try adding rye - to make rye bread obviously. However I cant seem to find any in Israel.

        Apparently its called "Shipon"in Hebrew, but no one sells it!!!

        Can anyone help me find it?

        Thank you in advance.

        Mandy

        <*> Your email settings:
        Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
        (Yahoo! ID required)

        <*> To change settings via email:
        mailto:israel-food-digest@yahoogroups.com
        mailto:israel-food-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • Sarah Meir
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 29, 2008
          It is in supermarkets -- shteibel's #7 flour. Package is in Hebrew and
          Russian, where whole wheat four is, usually.

          @%@% Sarah in Jerusalem %@%@
          "He who blows at the foam on his beer isn't thirsty"
          -- Talmud