Fw: Chinese noodles recipe

  • Ettie Davies
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 31, 2008

      I've made this recipe and it really works!
      Enjoy!

      "Chow Mein" noodles

      Ingredients:
      Rice noodles
      oil

      Heat oil for deep frying until a small piece of a rice noodle immediately puffs up when added to the oil. (If it doesn't puff up in seconds, the oil isn't hot enough. But don't overheat the oil or the noodles will burn.)
      Remove the test piece with a slotted spoon and drop small handfuls of uncooked rice noodles directly into the pot. They should puff up and be removed immediately. Drain on a paper towel. Best used the same day, but may be put in a jar with a tight lid and stored till the next day.