25999Re: [israel-food] "shatzad" שטצד Pacific fish??

  • Ruth Baks
    Aug 26, 2014
      Getting info on fish names in Israel is rather a fishy business!  Numerous references contradict each other so there is bound to be confusion.

      Having said that, I found the following at: http://www.naturopedia.com/pages.asp?rId=120
      SHATZAD PACIFI = Arrowtooth Flounder = Atheresthes stomias.

      Another source referred to Shatzad as Halibut.  (Halibut I have listed under a few other names, as well…)

      It is worth noting that halibut is in the flounder family, (as is sole.)

      Ruth Baks

      On 8/26/14, 1:46 PM, "rmteitler@... [israel-food]" <israel-food@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      Does anyone know what "shatzad" שטצד Pacific fish is. Bought some frozen b/c it looked nice, but I have no idea what it is. It is packaged as white filets, no skin and bigger and a bit thicker than tilapia.

    • Show all 2 messages in this topic