25998Re: [israel-food] Hard to finds...

  • geoffrey mendelson
    Aug 25, 2014
      On 8/25/2014 10:52 PM, Sharmila Daniel sd1936@... [israel-food] wrote:

      Was in haifa today and found the Mori-nu Silken tofu...  for 50 NIS...  50!!!  Thats like 5 times the retail price on i herb or amazon.   Seriously, if not for the new baby I'd start a  business...

      There is no need to pay iThieves or Amazon or even your local vendor that much money. I make well over a kilo for 17 NIS, and that's because I buy high priced soy milk (almost 15 NIS a liter) to start.

      Once you get the coagulant, it's easy and cheap. You can get epsom salt or food grade gypsum at a homeopathic pharmacy, or via eBay.  You may even be able to get it at SuperPharm. :-)
      Geoff.

      --
      Geoffrey S. Mendelson 4X1GM/N3OWJ
      Jerusalem Israel.