25884Need recipe for a French Roast (Friday night meal)

  • takka5734
    Jun 18, 2014

      Hey all,

      Just bought a couple of French Roast for Shabbat Sheva Brachot. I'm hosting around 16 people this Shabbat (Friday night) and looking for some nice recipes for a, maybe two med French Roast (i think the total weight is abou 3.6-3.7 kg so figure about half the per roast).

      Here's my menu so far:

      Salatim

      Salmon

      Orange soup

      Broccoli kigel in individual pie crust (very nice touch and tasty to, i cheat and use the keebler graham crust)

      Veggies (some mix veggies with date sauce, soy sauce, ginger and garlic)

      Sweet Potato and Carrot Bake

      the Roast

      Also I just got a roaster brought in the from the states - yeah one of these,  http://www.walmart.com/ip/Hamilton-Beach-22-Quart-Roaster-Oven-Stainless-Steel/14320882 (made a crazy large cholent in it last week, you're welcome to come by and take a bowl or seven :)

      So I thought about testing this out again. no to mention this will free up my oven for over things and the temperature seems to work a bit better.

      I know it's late notice, but I didn't know I'd be ending up getting the Frecnh roast. Almost went with the roast beef again or the london broil.

      Any and all suggestions welcome (even after this Shabbat - always goof to have a recipe on hand :)

      Cheers,

      Yitzi

    • Show all 2 messages in this topic