24944RE: [israel-food] Re: as the bagel discussion "rolls" on...

  • Valerie Justman
    Nov 12 7:03 AM
      Perhaps you mean 'chacun a son gout'.

      From: chaim225@...
      To: israel-food@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2013 04:07:23 -0800
      Subject: Re: [israel-food] Re: as the bagel discussion "rolls" on...

      in french they say chaque une a son gout

      To: israel-food@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Monday, November 11, 2013, 1:11 PM

      I have been silently
      reading.May I enter this
      discussion?I have tasted bagels in
      Montreal, Brooklyn, etc.  None
      compared to a tiny bakery up in Mountaindale New York in the
      late 50'sBy the way, the bagels
      were much smaller than what is sold today under the
      stolenname of bagel.  These are
      bagels. And
      why dont we continue with the aberration of the rugelach
      that is sold here.It does not look
      like a rugelach, does not smell like a rugelach, does not
      tastelike a rugelach, and the
      texture is all
      wrong.   Gavriela

      On Monday, November
      11, 2013 12:54 PM, Channah Koppel <channahk@...>

      Personally, I'd take St. Viateur or
      Fairmount bagels -- not to mention egg challah and shlishkes
      from the Kosher Quality bakery. Oh well, you gotta pay some
      price for the privilege of living in the Holy Land...
      At least there's no shortage of eggplant here :-)

      Channah Koppel

    • Show all 15 messages in this topic