      From: israel-food@yahoogroups.com [mailto:israel-food@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of aonghaisthelady@...
      Sent: Tuesday, November 12, 2013 12:52 PM
      To: israel-food@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: RE: RE: [israel-food] Just FYI: This group's emails are all visible online

      The problem with this group NOT being private is that anyone can not only read the topics discussed here but can also, by clicking on the member's name [where it says "posted by"] they can get that person's email address.

      Which explains why I have received emails from people who are NOT members of this group, some of which have been extremely unpleasant.

      Therefore I  am unsubscribing pronto as my privacy has been invaded, and can be invaded by any anti-Semitic Tom, Dick or Harry [or Mohammed] who wants to cause distress.

      ---In israel-food@yahoogroups.com, <tobyndave@...> wrote:

      I'm not sure exactly what you're referring to, so I'll address two possible options:

      a)      The list has always been set to reply to the group instead of reply to the sender because most posts on this list are of general interest. If people would respond to, let’s say, a request for a recipe just to the person who posted the request, the discussion would suffer overall. In any case, people are welcome to reply privately to messages that are of no interest to other members.

      b)      The archives are made public, even to non-subscribers, because I don’t believe that the topics discussed here require that kind of privacy, and this allows the general public to search the archives, and potentially join the list as well.

      Hope this helps,

      David Curwin

      List-Owner