24934RE: [israel-food] Homemade Muesli or homemade Granola

  • Pennie
    Nov 12, 2013

      Thanks – what can I use instead of cornflakes?

      From: israel-food@yahoogroups.com [mailto:israel-food@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Michele Goldberg
      Sent: Tuesday, November 12, 2013 10:43 AM
      To: israel-food@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [israel-food] Homemade Muesli or homemade Granola

      I make a granola from the carmel spa cook cookbook

      It makes a lot so I usually halve it.

      3 1/2 cups oatmeal (not instant)

      11/2 cups sliced almonds

      3 1/2 cups cornflakes

      2/3 cup sunflower seeds

      1/2 tsp cinnimon  (I don't halve this)

      1/4 c canola oil

      1/3 cup apple juice or cider

      1/2 cup silan

      mix the dry ingredients

      add the liquid and mix well.  Be careful not to brake the cornflakes too much.  Spread the mixture on baking paper on a shallow baking sheet.

      bake at 150C (I use 300F) for 25 - 35 minutes mixing every 10 minutes.  Allow to cool fully before storing.

      after it's cool, you can add dry fruit

      enjoy