24708Re: [israel-food] separating skippy

  • Sharon Beth-Halachmy
    Oct 16, 2013
      I store my PB upside down - the oil rises to the bottom of the jar, making it much easier to stir when you open it!  Store in fridge after opening (keep it upside down for the first few uses)

      On Thu, Oct 17, 2013 at 6:48 AM, geoffrey mendelson <geoffreymendelson@...> wrote:

      I opened a jar of skippy peanut butter and found that the oil had
      separated. I've had that happen on natural peanut butter, but never on
      skippy or jif.

      It does not smell bad, the seal was not bulged, it just is odd.

      I called the manufacturer and their customer service person does not
      speak English.

      I sent the US parent company an email via their online contact form, but
      have yet to receive a response.

      A second jar bought from the same store shows the same thing. Once I
      knew to look for it, you can see it without breaking the seal.

      Any ideas? Breakfast time is fast approaching. :-)

      TIA.

      Geoff.

      --
      Geoffrey S. Mendelson 4X1GM/N3OWJ