      I love cheddar, too :)
      Most supermarkets have a nice selection behind the cheese counter, and will let you taste anything you like! Maybe try a couple each time you go, and you'll find something you like. Also, when I see someone ahead of me in line ordering a cheese I've never seen (which is most of them, I confess) I sometimes ask them about it, and what they like to use it for.
      Good luck, and welcome!

      On Wed, Oct 16, 2013 at 9:16 AM, Naomi Horowitz <pleasesmile90@...> wrote:

      Just to clarify. Maybe it's because I'm new and don't know the language well enough, but I haven't seen many options. I do like a lot of different cheeses, I just happen to have a particular affinity for cheddar....which is why I asked.

      I assume once I figure out what the diff. cheeses are and how to eat them (i.e. with what, in what manner, plain, on crackers, in meals, etc.) I will come to enjoy that as well.  My question and comments weren't meant to degrade what IS available.

      From: Toby Curwin <321toby@...>
      To: israel-food@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Tuesday, October 15, 2013 11:07 PM

      Subject: Re: [israel-food] Re: Badatz Cheddar Cheese

      Well said, Hilda! I wholeheartedly agree, the cheeses here in Israel taste much, much better to me than anything I've had in the US. And the variety seems endless...

      On Tue, Oct 15, 2013 at 4:06 PM, Hilda <gmabn9@...> wrote:
      I am surprised at  what most of your writers say about Cheddar cheese and the disparaging remarks about Israeli cheeses which are among some of the best I have ever tasted (and this from one who was  born and brought up in England).
      To say that Bulgarit is white and gooey is to insult Bulgarian cheese.   What you call "tsuba" is "yellow cheese" which covers most Israeli hard cheeses, some of which are white and made from cow, sheep or goat milk.
      My local supermarket (Mega) has a wonderful selection of local and imported cheeses.   Tnuva Cheddar cheese seems to have disappeared and in its place they are now selling an English Kosher Cheddar cheese, which is frightenly expensive - NIS.52 for 430 grams.  I wish your correspondent would tell me where he/she bought 200 grams for NIS.20.
      I wonder, has anyone tasted the Israeli made (by Tnuva) blue cheese?   It is absolutely delicious.   Or the various goats cheeses?   Please do not run down our local cheeses.   I do not think that Tnuva's Cheddar cheese was nothing like the original.   But then "de gustibus non est disputandum."
      Hilda Ben Nun

      my funny photoblog: http://atimeofthesigns.blogspot.com/
      my pretty photoblog: http://iwishiwereaphotographer.blogspot.com/

      my funny photoblog: http://atimeofthesigns.blogspot.com/