      From: alizah hochstead <alizahh@...>
      To: israel-food@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Wednesday, October 16, 2013 12:46 AM
      Subject: RE: [israel-food] Re: Badatz Cheddar Cheese

      I happen to love Israeli cheese...that doesn't mean I wouldn't want to have some cheddar on a slice of apple. Jacobs makes an excellent quality Mehadrin cheese. SOme of Gad's cheeses are under Rav Rubin (not all) and they are excellent quality, as is Ysuriel, Sde Bar, etc For a basic toast I happen to like Noam (by Tara)

      Horef Tov
      Acts of Kindness will bring Moshiach

      Menashe and Alizah Hochstead
      058-47-77004

      From: 321toby@...
      To: israel-food@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2013 07:07:11 +0300

      Well said, Hilda! I wholeheartedly agree, the cheeses here in Israel taste much, much better to me than anything I've had in the US. And the variety seems endless...

      On Tue, Oct 15, 2013 at 4:06 PM, Hilda <gmabn9@...> wrote:

      I am surprised at  what most of your writers say about Cheddar cheese and the disparaging remarks about Israeli cheeses which are among some of the best I have ever tasted (and this from one who was  born and brought up in England).

      To say that Bulgarit is white and gooey is to insult Bulgarian cheese.   What you call "tsuba" is "yellow cheese" which covers most Israeli hard cheeses, some of which are white and made from cow, sheep or goat milk.

      My local supermarket (Mega) has a wonderful selection of local and imported cheeses.   Tnuva Cheddar cheese seems to have disappeared and in its place they are now selling an English Kosher Cheddar cheese, which is frightenly expensive - NIS.52 for 430 grams.  I wish your correspondent would tell me where he/she bought 200 grams for NIS.20.

      I wonder, has anyone tasted the Israeli made (by Tnuva) blue cheese?   It is absolutely delicious.   Or the various goats cheeses?   Please do not run down our local cheeses.   I do not think that Tnuva's Cheddar cheese was nothing like the original.   But then "de gustibus non est disputandum."

      Hilda Ben Nun
      Modi'in

      --
      my funny photoblog: http://atimeofthesigns.blogspot.com/