24684Re: Badatz Cheddar Cheese

  • takka5734
    Oct 15, 2013
      The name of the company is LE PRÉFÉRÉ. It has the Kedassa heksher and is labeled as Cholov Yisroel. It cost btwn. 20-22 NIS for 200 gr (7 oz). Th

      I buy their English White Cheddar all the time (they have a reg. yellow cheddar as well). I see it stocked all the time in the 24-hr store I go to as well as SuperSol Deal and Rami Levi (all in Jerusalem).

      Yitzi

      --- In israel-food@yahoogroups.com, "David" <davidweitz@...> wrote:

      > Occasionally Cheddar cheese from England (the real thing - not the Israeli or other foreign imitation) with a Kedassia Hechsher is imported. I've seen it in Supersol and other supermarkets - it's distributed by a French company whose name escapes me. It costs around NIS20 for 200gr. Kedassia is the British equivalent of Badatz - it's the Kashrut arm of the Haredi Union of Orthodox Hebrew Congregations in the UK.

    • Show all 24 messages in this topic