    From: Shahjahan Khan [mailto:Shahjahan.Khan@...]
    Sent: Monday, May 08, 2017 6:43 AM
    To: isoss@yahoogroups.com
    Subject: Sad demise of Prof M Kabir of Jahangirnagar University

    Assalamu alaikum warahmatullah, and greetings!

    I am deeply shocked to let you know that we have lost our dear and respected
    Kabir sir, a highly regarded retired Professor of Statistics of
    Jahangirnagar University (JU), Bangladesh (a photo attached).

    Inna lillahi wainna elaihi rajiun.

    May Allah forgive all his sins and grant him Jannatul Ferdous, and give the
    family patience and strength to cope up with the great loss.

    Professor Mohammad Kabir served as the President of the Bangladesh
    Statistical Association, and was elected to the VC panel of JU in addition
    to heading the Department of Statistics at JU.

    He made significant contributions to statistics profession.

    Although he was not my direct teacher, he always treated me with great
    affection and professional respect. Like, most of his students and
    colleagues, I will greatly miss him.

    This is a great loss of the statistics community of Bangladesh and
    elsewhere.

    Professor M Kabir used to keep in contact with many of his students and
    colleagues on a regular basis.

    He participated in my presentations at the Bangladesh Academy of Sciences
    (BAS) in 2014 and 2016, and was so happy and proud to be there.

    He was a great mentor for young colleagues and encouraged and supported many
    of them to pursue PhD degree and settle in the profession.

    I am very proud of him and I am sure many of his students will remember his
    great contributions to the profession and country.

    Best wishes,

    Shahjahan

    Professor Shahjahan Khan, PhD - Professor of Statistics

    Chief Editor, Journal of Applied Probability and Statistics (JAPS), USA,
    http://japs.isoss.net <http://japs.isoss.net/>

    Fellow, Bangladesh Academy of Sciences (BAS), http://www.bas.org.bd
    <http://www.bas.org.bd/>

    Director, Muslim Community Cooperative Australia (MCCA),
    http://www.mcca.com.au/

    President, Islamic Countries Society of Statistical Science (ISOSS),
    2005-11, http://isoss.net <http://isoss.net/>

    Chair, USQ Multicultural Staff Network (2013-16)

    Faculty of Health, Engineering and Sciences

    University of Southern Queensland, Toowoomba, AUSTRALIA

    Phone +617 46315532 (W), +61421081048 (M)

    Emails: Shahjahan.Khan@... and prof.shahjahan.khan@...
    <mailto:prof.shahjahan.khan@...>

    Website: http://www.sci.usq.edu.au/staff/khans/

    This email (including any attached files) is confidential and is for the
    intended recipient(s) only. If you received this email by mistake, please,
    as a courtesy, tell the sender, then delete this email.

    The views and opinions are the originator's and do not necessarily reflect
    those of the University of Southern Queensland. Although all reasonable
    precautions were taken to ensure that this email contained no viruses at the
    time it was sent we accept no liability for any losses arising from its
    receipt.

    The University of Southern Queensland is a registered provider of education
    with the Australian Government.
    (CRICOS Institution Code QLD 00244B / NSW 02225M, TEQSA PRV12081 )
  • Show all 4 messages in this topic