problem with qmail-syslog and received message count

  • grantsupp
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 23, 2005
      I am using isoqlog 2.2 and qmail-syslog. There are two qmail servers
      logging via syslog to a central server. I have one domain on the
      system called weboms.com. This central server is running isoqlog.

      For some reason, the number of Received messages for each domain is
      not calculated. Although under the "General" section, it shows 59
      Received messages.

      Also under the "General" section, the number of Sent messages (1,060)
      is way too high. If I look under the weboms.com section, I see only 3
      sent messages.

      In the General statistics for Today, I see
      "weboms.com-info@..." under "Top 100 Receiver". I think the
      problem is that isoqlog is not evaluating "weboms.com-info@..."
      as "info@...". This appears to only happen when using qmail-syslog.

      I'm also seeing similar behavior on a differnet server, although this
      server is using qmail-multilog, execpt the domain contains a hyphen.
      In the general statistics for Today, I see
      "1.com-mark.pollvo@...", which should be evaulated as just
      "mark.pollvo@..."

      Can anyone help?

      Thank you.
    • grantsupp
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 23, 2005
        --- In isoqlog@yahoogroups.com, "grantsupp" <gsupp@r...> wrote:

        > For some reason, the number of Received messages for each domain is
        > not calculated. Although under the "General" section, it shows 59
        > Received messages.
        >
        > Also under the "General" section, the number of Sent messages
        (1,060)
        > is way too high. If I look under the weboms.com section, I see only
        3
        > sent messages.
        >
        > In the General statistics for Today, I see
        > "weboms.com-info@w..." under "Top 100 Receiver". I think the
        > problem is that isoqlog is not evaluating "weboms.com-info@w..."
        > as "info@w...". This appears to only happen when using qmail-syslog.

        I just realized yahoo groups truncated my e-mail address examples
        above. Since pictures often speak volumes, here is an image of the
        issue I am experiencing: http://63.99.213.249:8080/isoqlog.gif

        I appreciate any help anyone can give me.
      • Ismail YENIGUL
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 23, 2005
          Hi All,

          Sorry for my late reply. I fixed zero size bug in sendmail and postfix.
          I will announce it nowadays.
          Best Regards

          grantsupp writes:

          > --- In isoqlog@yahoogroups.com, "grantsupp" <gsupp@r...> wrote:
          >>

          >> For some reason, the number of Received messages for each domain is
          >> not calculated. Although under the "General" section, it shows 59
          >> Received messages.
          >>
          >> Also under the "General" section, the number of Sent messages
          > (1,060)
          >> is way too high. If I look under the weboms.com section, I see only
          > 3
          >> sent messages.
          >>
          >> In the General statistics for Today, I see
          >> "weboms.com-info@w..." under "Top 100 Receiver". I think the
          >> problem is that isoqlog is not evaluating "weboms.com-info@w..."
          >> as "info@w...". This appears to only happen when using qmail-syslog.
          >>

          > I just realized yahoo groups truncated my e-mail address examples
          > above. Since pictures often speak volumes, here is an image of the
          > issue I am experiencing: http://63.99.213.249:8080/isoqlog.gif
          >
          > I appreciate any help anyone can give me.
          >

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

          Ismail YENIGUL
          www.EnderUNIX.org
          ----
          Korkulara inanmak analitik düşünceye zarar verir!...
          Hayat, mükafatını her zaman tahammül edenlere verir...
        • Ismail YENIGUL
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 23, 2005
            Hi,

            In the General statistics for Today, I see
            > "weboms.com-info@..." under "Top 100 Receiver". I think the
            > problem is that isoqlog is not evaluating "weboms.com-info@..."
            > as "info@...".

            isoqlog evaluate weboms.com-info@... as info@... normally.
            Can you send me some samples from your log files?
            By the way, i could not open http://63.99.213.249:8080/isoqlog.gif page.
            Best Regards.

            grantsupp writes:

            > I am using isoqlog 2.2 and qmail-syslog. There are two qmail servers
            > logging via syslog to a central server. I have one domain on the
            > system called weboms.com. This central server is running isoqlog.
            >
            > For some reason, the number of Received messages for each domain is
            > not calculated. Although under the "General" section, it shows 59
            > Received messages.
            >
            > Also under the "General" section, the number of Sent messages (1,060)
            > is way too high. If I look under the weboms.com section, I see only 3
            > sent messages.
            >
            > In the General statistics for Today, I see
            > "weboms.com-info@..." under "Top 100 Receiver". I think the
            > problem is that isoqlog is not evaluating "weboms.com-info@..."
            > as "info@...". This appears to only happen when using qmail-syslog.
            >
            > I'm also seeing similar behavior on a differnet server, although this
            > server is using qmail-multilog, execpt the domain contains a hyphen.
            > In the general statistics for Today, I see
            > "1.com-mark.pollvo@...", which should be evaulated as just
            > "mark.pollvo@..."
            >
            > Can anyone help?
            >
            > Thank you.
            >

            > Yahoo! Groups Links

            Ismail YENIGUL
            www.EnderUNIX.org
            ----
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 23, 2005
              --- In isoqlog@yahoogroups.com, "Ismail YENIGUL" <ismail@e...> wrote:

              > isoqlog evaluate weboms.com-info@w... as info@w... normally.
              > Can you send me some samples from your log files?

              Thank you for your reply. I have been testing this issue further and
              found the following log entries will increment both the Sent and
              Received message count under the General category by 1. These are the
              log lines generated from sending 1 message to hotmail.com. I would
              expect just the Sent count to increase. Am I wrong in my thinking?

              Feb 23 16:21:20 qmail01 qmail: 1109197282.484201 new msg 3548386
              Feb 23 16:21:20 qmail01 qmail: 1109197282.484305 info msg 3548386:
              bytes 531 from <info@...> qp 26574 uid 48
              Feb 23 16:21:20 qmail01 qmail: 1109197282.539231 starting delivery 3:
              msg 3548386 to remote info@...
              Feb 23 16:21:20 qmail01 qmail: 1109197282.539280 status: local 0/10
              remote 1/60
              Feb 23 16:21:21 qmail01 qmail: 1109197282.936926 delivery 3: success:
              64.4.50.99_accepted_message./Remote_host_said:_250__<1109197282.421d01e251bda@...>_Queued_mail_for_delivery/
              Feb 23 16:21:21 qmail01 qmail: 1109197282.937129 status: local 0/10
              remote 0/60
              Feb 23 16:21:21 qmail01 qmail: 1109197282.937181 end msg 3548386
            • grantsupp
              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 23, 2005
                --- In isoqlog@yahoogroups.com, "grantsupp" <gsupp@r...> wrote:

                > --- In isoqlog@yahoogroups.com, "Ismail YENIGUL" <ismail@e...>
                wrote:

                > > isoqlog evaluate weboms.com-info@w... as info@w... normally.
                > > Can you send me some samples from your log files?

                Here are the log entries when a message is received. This increments
                both the Sent and Received message count under the General category by
                1. I would expect just the Received count to increase. Also, when I
                view the per-domain statistics for weboms.com, the Received count is
                0.

                Feb 23 16:29:00 qmail02 qmail: 1109197732.340095 info msg 3532034:
                bytes 1011 from <info@...> qp 31008 uid 7800
                Feb 23 16:29:00 qmail02 qmail: 1109197732.421108 starting delivery 2:
                msg 3532034 to local weboms.com-info@...
                Feb 23 16:29:00 qmail02 qmail: 1109197732.421170 status: local 1/10
                remote 0/60
                Feb 23 16:29:00 qmail02 qmail: 1109197732.733323 delivery 2: success:
                did_0+0+1/
                Feb 23 16:29:00 qmail02 qmail: 1109197732.733364 status: local 0/10
                remote 0/60
                Feb 23 16:29:00 qmail02 qmail: 1109197732.733379 end msg 3532034