2189Re: UTC didn't exist before 1961

  • pqrc96
    May 26, 2009
      I started this thread. After seeing the responses, I don't really see anything that would change my ideas, but knowing that my thoughts have been reviewed by this group makes me feel more confident in them.

      In the future, I will not emit ISO 8601 dates with a Z suffix or a time zone unless the date is on or after January 1, 1972, the date of the formal adoption of the name Coordinated Universal Time. I will reject incoming dates in that format if I am able to determine that time zones had not been adopted in the place in question on the date stated. I will reject incoming dates with a time zone offset that is not a multiple of 15 minutes.
    • Show all 19 messages in this topic