Entering the bathroom with a necklace with Qur'aanic aayaat

  • Muhammad Abdul-Rahman
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 2006
      Source: Islam Questions And Answers: Volume 3: The Qur’aan and Its Sciences.
      Read this book online : http://islammuslims.com/islam-qa/Volume_3/Contents.htm
      Or download it from here : http://islammuslims.com/Downloads/Volume_3.exe

      Entering the bathroom with a necklace with Qur'aanic aayaat

      Question:

      Can my wife enter the bathroom with a neckless that has words of the Qur'an on it?

      Answer:

      Praise be to Allaah.

      It is not permitted to enter the bathroom with anything that has aayat from the Qur'aan on it, because this could lead to disrespect of the Word of Allaah, may He be glorified and

      exalted. Therefore, your wife should remove this necklace before entering the bathroom. Our advice is that women should not wear any jewellery with aayaat or du'aa's on it, because

      there are a number of reservations about this practice, of which wearing it when entering the bathroom is just one.