IMRANA CASE PROVES YOU SHOULD BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR!

  • islamiccommunitynet
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 1, 2005
      Assalamu aleikum.

      Imrana, the molested woman who dumped her husband after he failed to
      defend her after he came home after her father-in-law raped her, got
      what she wanted but now says she wants her husband back.

      Imrana wanted to dump her husband, appropriately enough, after she
      claimed her husband's father raped her and upon informing her husband
      he took no action. Imrana even filed a police complaint against her
      husband for not helping her.

      (note: according to "The Hindu" newspaper a videotape released today
      shows Imrana's story falling apart and admitting that the
      father-in-law did not actually succeed in his attempted rape - see
      http://www.hindu.com/2005/07/01/stories/2005070105701400.htm ).

      The matter was raised with the village committee, which ruled in her
      favor and voided the marriage on the theory that the sexual contact
      with the father-in-law made her her husband's mother, thereby
      nullifying the marriage. The committee also ruled that she could later
      marry the father-in-law. While the underlying theory is at best
      questionable, Imrana obtained the very result she wanted: dissolution
      of her marriage.

      Then she CHANGED HER MIND ...

      and now India's femorrhoids have for the last several days been
      inflaming public opinion against the Muslims for their "oppression" of
      Imrana by "denying" her the right to remain with her husband!

      ---

      Shariat court refuses Imrana the liberty to live with husband
      ANI
      Sunday June 26, 2005
      http://in.news.yahoo.com/050626/139/5z3vu.html

      Muzaffarnagar, June 26 (ANI): The problems of Imrana, the woman who
      was raped by her father-in-law, seem far away from being over. The
      dar-ul-uloom of Deoband, the highest Shariat court, has disallowed her
      to remain with the husband under any circumstances. The dar-ul-uloom
      said she and her husband cannot share the same house and she cannot
      remain married to him.

      The father-in-law, Ali Mohammed, is currently being tried under the
      judicial system.

      The case had made headlines after Imrana, who is the mother of five
      children, was raped by her father-in-law. Imrana's husband, Noor
      Mohammed, a rickshaw-puller by profession, had gone out to work at
      that time.

      When Noor returned, Imrana narrated the incident to him but he
      apparently took no interest in the matter and preferred being silent.
      Upset over her husband's attitude, Imrana announced that she would no
      longer live with Noor but other family members continued to pressure
      her to change her decision. Later on, she lodged a police complaint
      against him.

      Finally, a community panchayat was convened at Charthawal, where the
      local maulvis acted as panchayat members. After hearing Imrana's
      story, the panchayat ruled that after being raped by her
      father-in-law, Imrana's marriage to her husband Noor Mohammed stood
      null and void.

      The panchayat further directed that a case be registered against the
      father-in-law, and also ordered that Imrana should stay away from
      family for a period of seven months and 10 days, during which she
      would be required to make herself pure again.

      The panchayat said that after this 7-month 10-day period, Imrana could
      return to her in-laws home and live as her father-in-law's wife.
      Imrana refused to accept the panchayat's decision to acknowledge her
      husband as her son.(ANI)

      http://in.news.yahoo.com/050626/139/5z3vu.html
    • hazub
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 5, 2005
        wa alaikum salam warahmathullah

        subhanallah!!!

        While condemning the incident that has happened, I strongly condemn
        the ruling decreed by the so called ulema council. Can you just
        imagine the culprit be sentenced to marry the daughter in law for
        having raped her. Should he not be punished stoning to death
        according to Shariah rulings?

        Rape is accidental. the woman did not participate on her will. In
        that case, why should she be punished by forcibly breaking her
        marriage contract? She can be asked to observe Iddah to findout
        whether she carries the offspring of the one who raped (though it is
        difficult since her husband would have shared the bed with her before
        the incident happened).

        She should be allowed to live with her husband after Iddah(waiting
        period)and her father in law should be punished if and only if the
        crime is proved.

        Brothers and Sisters, Please send your opinion on this matter.

        waassalamu alaikum warahmathulla

        fi amanilla

        zubair

        - In islamiccommunitynet@yahoogroups.com, "islamiccommunitynet"