Limited offer

  • Maryam Amen
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 13 4:58 PM
      Assalamu alaikum warahmatullah wabarakatuhu,

      Today is the 5th day of Muharram here in Australia.  InshaAllah we are still alive on the 9th and 10th of Muharram which will fall on February 18 and 19, 2005, a great opportunity for us to fast like what Prophet Musa did and recommended by Muhammad (saw).  He used to fast as a way of thanking and remembering Allah mercy when Prophet Musa (saas) and the children of Israel was saved from their enemy.

      FASTING IN MUHARRAM  (The FIRST MONTH OF ISLAMIC YEAR)

      Muharram 9th and 10th falls on

      February  18 and 19, 2005

      Mankind were created weak subject to mistakes and sins.  Allah mercy prevail over His wrath so we must take advantage of special days where we can earn Allah mercy inshaAllah accepted and pray that our sins be erased. May Allah guide and show us the proper ways to PLEASE HIM, accept our good deeds and grant a place for us and our offspring in the Jannah (garden of bless), ameen.

      Maassalama,

      Maryam

      The Messenger of Allah (saw) was asked and answered:

      Which prayer is better after obligatory prayer?   = "Prayer in the middle of the night."

      Which fast is better after Ramadan?                   ="In the month that is called Al-Muharram."

      The Prophet (saw) emphasized the fast of the tenth day, 'Ashura.
      The word "`Ashura" is derived from `Ashara, which means ten. The observation of this day goes back to Prophet Musa bin 'Emran (saas).

      "O Messenger of Allah (saas) this is the day the Jews, and Christians respect and honor..." The Prophet (saw) promised them that "Next year Allah willing, we shall fast the ninth, tasuu'aa, along with the tenth."

      To emulate Prophet Musa in fasting on 'Ashura but recommend fasting on the 9th to differ Muslim observance with that of the other faiths.