verse, hadith, dua of the day, & event of the month

  • zainal ahmad
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 1, 2003
      verse
      TodayTu., 1 Jumada Al-Awwal 1424 A.H., 1 July 2003Previous
      Recite
      O ye men! It is ye that have need of Allah: but Allah is the One Free of all wants, worthy of all praise.

      If He so pleased, He could blot you out and bring in a New Creation:

      Nor is that (at all) difficult for Allah.

      Hadith

      On the authority of Abu Hurairah (may Allah be pleased with him) who reported that the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said:
      It is better for anyone of you to carry a bundle of wood on his back, and sell it than to beg of someone whether he may give or decline.

      (Reported by Al-Bukhari and Muslim)

      Lessons Deduced:
      1. Muslims are strongly urged to adopt manual work to earn a living from their own efforts, even if they may lead a simple profession.
      2. Begging is disliked as it dishonors the beggar and embarrasses the one who is begged.
      3. Islam holds man's honor in high esteem and prefers earning one's living through work rather than through begging.

      Dua

      "Our Lord! grant unto us wives and offspring who will be the comfort of our eyes, and give us (the grace) to lead the righteous." (25:74) Surah Al-Furqan

      The Events of the Month of Jumada I

      The Battle of Dhat Al-Riqa`:

      In the fourth year after Hijrah the tribes in Najd showed a hostile attitude against the newly emerging Islamic State. The Prophet (peace be upon him) led an army to fight the tribes of Muharib and Tha`labah, who were terrified and dispersed, thus no actual fight took place.

         http://magazine.al-islam.com/default.asp?t=TodayEvn&f=EID&i=0&lang=ENG

      the_humble_servant2000@...

       Say: He is Allah,  the One and
      Only, Allah the Eternal, Absolute.
      He does not beget, nor is He begotten. And there is none like Him.  (Ikhlas 112:1-4)

      Do you Yahoo!?
    • zainal ahmad
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 3, 2003
        verse
        TodayThu., 3 Jumada Al-Awwal 1424 A.H., 3 July 2003Previous
        Recite
        And fear the Day when ye shall be brought back to Allah. Then shall every soul be paid what it earned, and none shall be dealt with unjustly.

        Hadith

        Abu Hurairah (may Allah be pleased with him) narrated: Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said:

        A Prayer in my mosque is a thousand times more excellent than a Prayer in any other mosque, except the Sacred Mosque (at Mecca).

        (Reported by Muslim)

        Lessons deduced

        1. The hadith pinpoints the excellence of performing Prayer in the Prophet’s Mosque as well as the Sacred Mosque.

        Dua

        "Our Lord! Forgive us, and our brethren who came before us into the Faith, and leave not, in our hearts, rancour (or sense of injury) against those who have believed. Our Lord! Thou art indeed Full of Kindness, Most Merciful." (59:10)

        The Events of the Month of Jumada I

        The Battle of Dhat Al-Riqa`:

        In the fourth year after Hijrah the tribes in Najd showed a hostile attitude against the newly emerging Islamic State. The Prophet (peace be upon him) led an army to fight the tribes of Muharib and Tha`labah, who were terrified and dispersed, thus no actual fight took place.

          http://magazine.al-islam.com/default.asp?t=TodayEvn&f=EID&i=0&lang=ENG

        the_humble_servant2000@...

         Say: He is Allah,  the One and
        Only, Allah the Eternal, Absolute.
        He does not beget, nor is He begotten. And there is none like Him.  (Ikhlas 112:1-4)

        Want to chat instantly with your online friends? Get the FREE Yahoo! Messenger