Refuting Emotionalism of " MUHAMMAD, ISLAM, AND TERRORISM "

  • news_views_reportings
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 2003
      [ REQUEST: please forward this mail and play your part in spread of truth ]
      [ NOTE 1: hyperlinks will be lost in non html mail or daily digest or if moderator disabled the graphics or hyperlinks.you can then check the articles by using the source url. ]
      [ NOTE 2 : due to lack of time , i may not be able to check group mails , if you want some discussion over the mail then please send me mail directly to    news_views@...      . sorry for inconvenience ]
      In Name of God, Most Gracious, Most Merciful,
      " Nay, We hurl the Truth against falsehood, and it knocks out its brain, and behold, falsehood doth perish! Ah! woe be to you for the (false) things ye ascribe (to Us)" (Holy Qur'an 21: 18)
      Refuting Emotionalism
      by Hesham Azmy
      Last updated Feb. 10th, 2002

        Conflict between Truth and falsehood is nothing new. Since the beginning, when man first walked the earth,  till the day God will end this world, there will be a struggle between truth and falsehood, a struggle between good and evil.

        It is ironic that Islam, the Final Message, was confronted since its early moments, and still is, with falsehood campaigns. A paradox because while Islam came to proclaim the Final Word of God, it did not reject any former Prophet or any Divine Revelation and did not force any one to embrace it (Qur'an 2:256, 88:21-22, 10:99). Moreover, it demands belief in all previous Prophets and Messengers as a fundamental part of Islamic creed (Qur’an 2:136, 3:48). This tolerance toward other heavenly religions was supposed to be met with similar tolerance. But what really happened is exactly the opposite and Islam, along its history, faces rabid campaigns from its opponents.

        Reality shows us that arguments against Islam are repetitive and usually the same, they differ only in format and intensity of condescending tone. Muslim scholars and thinkers, in different ages, have already refuted all those arguments and left no place for any doubt concerning Truth of Islam. In fact, the topic of this article has been already dealt with in another article by brother Akbarally Meherally. I do not belittle his efforts, neither do I claim that I bring something better. However in light of most recent events, it is my ideal that as a Muslim I have a duty to speak out against falsehood as we speak out against violence and terrorism, wa Allah-ul-Must’an.

        In an article rife with hatred and prejudice, a Christian missionary under the name of ‘Silas’ slandered Islam and Prophet Muhammed (peace be upon him) claiming that he (peace be upon him) was a terrorist. This invitation of intolerance of Muslims is nothing recent among Christians, the process of de-humanization of Muslims is the most active in ideologies that fear the spread of submission to the one true God and the spread of a call for the equality of all mankind. They fear a loss of power, and so they say , “Killing Muslims is not immoral”. Well, I decided to respond to this article from various angles following the next items in my reply

      Are Christians morally fit to criticize Muslims over the issue of terrorism?(What does their Scripture say?)

      Refutation of anti-Islamic allegations.

      Final remarks and conclusion.

      (1) Sahih-ul-Bukhari, Volume 5, Book , Number 233 (also Number 232)
      (2) As-Sirat-un-Nabawiyyah by Ibn Hesham, volume 2, page 56 (my translation)
      (3) Rawa'i-ul-Bayan fe Tafsir Ayat-el-Ahkam, volume one, page 230, by Muhammad Ali Al-Sabooni, Professor in Faculty of Shari'ah and Islamic Studies, Mecca. Published by Maktabat-ul-Ghazali, Damascus.
      (4) As-Sirat-un-Nabawiyyah, volume 2, page 87.
      (5) ibid, page 89.
      (6) ibid, page 87.
      (7) Sahih-ul-Bukhari, Volume 5, Book 58, Number 245. In the Arabic origin, it is in the Book of "Virtues of the Ansar", Chapter of "Migration of the Prophet (peace be upon him) and his campanions to Madinah", Number 3906.
      (8) As-Sirat-un-Nabawiyyah, volume 2, page 90.
      (9) Confer Asaiah 21:13-17.
      (10) Sunan-ul-Tirmithi, Number 2485 and 3251. Sunan Ibn Majah, Number 1334. Mustadrak-ul-Hakim, Volume 3, Number 131. Musnad Ahmed Ibn Hanbal, Volume 5, Number 451. Collection of Ibn Ibi Shaibah, Volume 8, Number 436. Sharh-us-Sunnah by Al-Baghwi, Volume 4, Number 40.
      Classified by Al-Tirmithi as authentic. Grand Sheikh Al-Albani affirmed its authenticity and mentioned it among his collection of authentic Hadith, Number 569.
      (11) As-Sirat-un-Nabawiyyah, Volume 3, page 18.
      (12) Sahih-ul-Bukhari, Volume 3, Book 47, Number 786.
      (13) Sahih-ul-Bukhari, Volume 4, Book 52, Number 257 and 258. Also, Mutta Malik, Book 21, Section 3, Number 9.
      (14) Mutta Malik, Book 21, Section 3, Number 11.
      (15) Mutta Malik, Book 21, Section 3, Number 10.
      (16) Sahih-ul-Bukhari, Volume 9, Book 38, Number 49.
      (17) Samahat-ul-Islam by Dr. Ahmed Muhammad Al-Houfy, pages 104-105, ISBN 977-01-5340-0.
      (18) ibid, page 108.
      (19) Sahih-ul-Bukhari, Volume 9, Book 83, Number 17.
      (20) Sunan Abi Dawood, Volume 4, page 181. Cairo.
      (21) As-Sarem-ul-Masloul by Ibn Taimiyyah, page 315.
      (22) Sahih-ul-Bukhari, Volume 9, Book 84, Number 57.
      (23) Sharh Ad-Durr-el-Mukhtar by Al-Hasafky, volume one, page 483.
      (24) Ar-Risalah by Imam Al-Shaf'i, page 22.
      (25) Nail-ul-Awtar by Al-Shawkani, volume 7, page 217. Cairo.
      (26) Sahih-ul-Bukhari, Volume 3, Book 30, Number  107.
      (27) Fath-ul-Bari by Ibn Hajar, volume 4, page 96. Sharh Muslim by An-Nawawi, volume 9, page 455.
      (28) Sahih-ul-Bukhari, Volume 4, Book 56, Number 814.
      (29) Tafsir Al-Qur'an-ul-'Azeem by Ibn Kathir, volume 2, page 36.
      (30) Al-Musannaf by Abdul-Raziq Al-San'ani, volume 10, pages 165-166. Also, Al-Mahalli by Ibn Hazm, volume 11, pages 191-193.
      (31) Al-Musannaf, volume 10, page 171.
      (32) ibid, page 166.

      Back to Noorullah main page