BUSH CALLS ISLAM A 'FALSE RELIGION

  • ISLAMIC COMMUNITY NET
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1, 2002
      Assalamu aleikum.

      "I just, I cannot speak strongly enough about how we
      must collectively get after those who kill in the name
      of some kind of false religion," Bush said.

      The regime is now in full damage control mode,
      claiming that Bush's statement of hatred for Islam and
      for Muslims means something other than what it plainly
      says.

      Will the world let the regime pull the wool over its
      eyes again?

      Will the Muslims?

      Will YOU?

      ---

      Bush denounces 'false religion' of terrorists
      The Associated Press
      August 1, 2002
      http://www.nj.com/newsflash/washington/index.ssf?/cgi-free/getstory_ssf.cgi?a0634_BC_Bush-Muslims&&news&newsflash-washington

      WASHINGTON (AP) -- After President Bush condemned
      "some kind of false religion" for motivating Mideast
      terror attacks, his spokesman hastened to emphasize
      Thursday that the president believes Islam is a
      peaceful religion.

      In a picture-taking session with Jordan's King
      Abdullah, Bush said he grieved for the seven people
      killed in a bomb blast in Jerusalem on Wednesday,
      including five Americans.

      "I just, I cannot speak strongly enough about how we
      must collectively get after those who kill in the name
      of some kind of false religion," Bush said.

      Asked about the remark, White House press secretary
      Ari Fleischer said Bush was referring to terrorists
      who distort Islam to justify violence.

      "The president believes very deeply that Islam is a
      religion of peace," he said. "There are people who use
      the pretext of religion as an excuse to kill Jews, to
      kill Israelis, and now to kill Americans. And the
      president will oppose that with every fiber in his
      body."

      Muslims were angered last year when Bush described his
      war against terrorism as a "crusade." The Crusades
      were wars fought in the Middle Ages after Christian
      armies traveled to Palestine, or what is now Israel,
      to attack the Muslim armies that then controlled
      Jerusalem.

      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/islamiccommunitynet/

      http://health.yahoo.com