Ayat Hadith A Day - Muharram 25, 1432 (December 31, 2010)

  • Ayat Hadith A Day
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 2011
      Ayat of the day

      In the name of ALLAH, the Beneficient, the Merciful

      Al-Isra (The Journey by Night), Ayat 35
      Audio

      35. Waawfoo alkayla itha kiltum wazinoo bialqistasi almustaqeemi thalika khayrun waahsanu ta/weelan

      [17.35] And give full measure when you measure out, and weigh with a true balance; this is fair and better in the end.

                          [Translated by Shakir]

                    Hadith of the day

      Obligatory Charity Tax (Zakat)

      Reported Sahih Bukhari Volume 2, Book 24, Number 567:

      Narrated 'Umar:
      Once I gave a horse in Allah's Cause (in charity) but that person did not take care of it. I intended to buy it, as I thought he would sell it at a low price. So, I asked the Prophet (p.b.u.h) about it. He said, "Neither buy, nor take back your alms which you have given, even if the seller were willing to sell it for one Dirham, for he who takes back his alms is like the one who swallows his own vomit."